Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Somewhere over the rainbow

Tonight I was heading out to go on a bike ride when it started to rain. The sun was still shining and there weren't a lot of clouds so I thought I was safe to go out on my bike, but it was pouring. I kept driving to the bike trail, hoping the rain would stop, but was getting a little frustrated that it wasn't going to. So I thought to myself that if it had to rain there had at least be a rainbow. I got to the parking lot and the rain had mostly stopped by then, just a few drops were still coming down. I parked and got out of my car and looked east and saw the most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen! I could see the whole rainbow end to end. There was a another partial rainbow above it. I took a few pictures and a video of it, but they were taken on my phone camera and didn't turn out very well. I couldn't get the whole rainbow in one shot either. But it totally made my night and I was still able to go for a great bike ride.






Here's the video I took. It's not good quality at all, but oh well.



This is a picture of the sunset after my bike ride.

1 comment:

Jillums said...

Very Nice. Your phone takes good pictures.