Thursday, June 24, 2010

California trip

I went to California last week to see my sister. It was so nice to get away, relax and not think about work all week. I stayed in Santa Barbara for most of the week, babysitting Eli. On Thursday Nicole, Eli, and I went up to Monterey Bay. Friday we went to the aquarium. It was such a cool place. We had lunch at Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co. where I got to meet Forrest Gump, and then went back to the aquarium. That night we headed back toward Santa Barbara. When we were too tired to drive anymore we found a hotel to stay for the night, I don't remember what town it was in. It was right on the beach and our room had a ocean view! We loved it. Saturday morning I woke up really early and went for a walk along the bluffs. It was so beautiful, I could have stayed there forever, but unfortunately I had to get back to Santa Barbara for my flight back to Utah. I had a great trip, thanks for a great time Nicole!

I love how he crosses his feet, so cute!

He's getting so big!

On a walk to see the ocean.

Over looking the ocean in Goleta, CA
 Playing on the beach while Nicole was swimming in the ocean



He wanted to drink the water.
Eli loved, loved, loved it there! He kept talking about Nemo.
Feeding in the kelp forest, very cool.
It looks like they are touching the fish, but it was behind the glass.
"Life is like a box of chocolates"
At Lover's Point in Monterey, Eli kept chasing the seagulls. He came pretty close to touching a couple of them.
Lover's Point
The water was so clear there, beautiful
Our hotel on the beach
Sunrise
Hope you enjoyed the pictures, there are a lot!

No comments: