It's that time of year again. Every year I set and try to keep a few resolutions. At least one usually pertains to health/fitness. But as is common with many people I struggle at keeping my resolutions. So here I am again setting some very similar resolutions that I've set in previous years, but I feel hopeful and optimistic. :)
My resolutions for this year are:
1- Lose weight. A typical one, but to help me in this process I have joined Weight Watchers. There aren't any convenient meetings here in Heber, so I am doing it online. I'm also planning on posting things here about my process in hopes to keep myself motivated. Any words of encouragement are appreciated (from the maybe one or two people that actually read my blog ;)
2- Read the scriptures daily. I have just started studying the New Testament.
3- Be more organized. Change little things everyday that will help me be more organized at home and school.
There are many more things that I could work on, but I'll stick with these for now.
As I thought about what I should improve in my life I thought about a recent sacrament meeting in my ward where Elder Jeffrey R. Holland spoke to us. He repeated these words over and over "don't wait". Whatever we can do today to be closer to the Lord, we need to do it today. Elder Holland told us that "today is always the most optimal day." That as really stuck with me, especially since I am kind of an expert procrastinator. Tonight I watched the CES Fireside with Elder D. Todd Christofferson. He gave a quote by President N. Eldon Tanner "As we reflect on the value of resolving to do better, let us determine to discipline ourselves to carefully select the resolutions we make, to consider the purpose for making them, and finally to make commitments for keeping them and not letting any obstacle stop us. Let us remind ourselves at the beginning of each day that we can keep a resolution just for that day. As we do this it gets easier and easier until it becomes a habit."
My resolutions for this year are:
1- Lose weight. A typical one, but to help me in this process I have joined Weight Watchers. There aren't any convenient meetings here in Heber, so I am doing it online. I'm also planning on posting things here about my process in hopes to keep myself motivated. Any words of encouragement are appreciated (from the maybe one or two people that actually read my blog ;)
2- Read the scriptures daily. I have just started studying the New Testament.
3- Be more organized. Change little things everyday that will help me be more organized at home and school.
There are many more things that I could work on, but I'll stick with these for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment